Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Foods

Andy Ellison



DON'T FORGET THE 'OLDER' BUTTON

TO VIEW THE WHOLE COLLECTION

Buy Prints

Sorry if it takes a second to load...it looks better this way

An Overview...

So I think it may be unclear that there are 2 pages of fruits and veggies now, so I just want to do an overview  of all the scans so far.

Pumpkin

Grapes

Pomegranate

Eggplant

Lettuce

Bitter Gourd

Apple

Snap Peas

Pattypan Squash

Cabbage

Celery

Cucumber

Watermelon

Tomato

Broccoli

Mushrooms

Dragon Fruit

Durian

Corn

Bell pepper

Cantaloupe

Orange

Pineapple

Banana

Artichoke

Kiwi

4 comments:

  1. Have you tried Avocado, Custard Apple, Jack Fruit and coconut?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Andy. I have some fruits of an interesting plant called Halophytum that I collected in Argentina earlier this year. It's a very narrowly distributed species and not related closely to anything extant. The weird thing is the fruits develop sunken into the stem, i.e., completely surrounded by stem tissue. The only other plant group to do this is the cacti. Anyway, this species is very poorly known to science and I think it could be cool to take a look inside. I'm at Brown U. down in Providence, let me know if you are interested. mogburn at brown dot edu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andy Ellison,

    You’re fruit scans are beautiful and uncanny.

    My name is Ashley Duong, and I am working for the Montreal-based film company, Eyesteelfilm. We are making a film about fruit, and we have an idea for an animation that could possibly use some of your MRI scans (we would just need the MRI data sources). Would you be interested in getting involved (with proper crediting, of course)? How do I contact you? If you have any questions, please email at ashley@eyesteelfilm.com.

    Thanks very much,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete